We are looking for an experienced and talented Texture Artist to join our growing studio in Bordeaux.
You will join Century: Age of Ashes team and participate in the launch and live development of the project. Multiplayer and free to play game, Century will be launched cross-platform and will bring players into a world of Dark Fantasy and epic dragon fights: https://www.century-age-of-ashes.com/
As part of the Character team and under the Art Director, you will work closely with other artists, where both your technical skills and creative vision will help to create our game.
Your responsibilities :
The Texture Artist creates photorealistic textures and other related maps or images for mapping on to 3D creatures. You will be creating images to a high level of realism as part of the model and shading set up, from scratch, from reference source photography, whilst reference paintings and reference books.
Most of you time will be spent on organic texture.
- Create and apply textures to 3D creatures using digital paint (skin, hair, clothing, armor, dirt, blood etc.) to create the desired look
- Modify the parameters of existing shaders or create stylized shaders and apply textures to different production elements
- Continual and efficient communication with the creative team
- Ensure the integration and optimization of artistic content in the engine
- First experience in video games, animation, films or equivalent as Texture Artist
- knowledge and passion for organic texture
- Knowledge of Substance Painter, Substance Designer and Photoshop
- Strong traditional painting and drawing skills
- Strong sense of creativity and respect for aesthetics
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with real-time engines (Unreal Engine 4 )
Nice to have:
- Previous experience in game development will be much appreciated
- Passionate about games
- strong attention to details
This is a full-time role at our office in Bordeaux, France.