LEAD ENVIRONMENT ARTIST
We are looking for an experienced and talented LEAD environment artist to join our studio in Bordeaux.
You will join our growing team and work on exciting games. You will work closely with other artists, producers, game/level designers and developers as part of an experienced team, where both your technical and management skills will help to create our new multiplayer and Dark Fantasy PC/Console IP.
You will maintain established quality and artistic consistency of environment art, by high visual standards and project style as defined by Art Director. The Lead sets the example to the team by the creation of art assets, a mastery of UE4 technology, tools pipeline and departmental production dependencies. You have an understanding of memory and frame budgets, production schedule and project goals, programming and design concerns, understands PBR lighting basics and material authoring, and sets best practices for bug fixing! You will help implement new production methods to improve performance and efficiency of team.
- Works closely with Art Director to keep quality and style consistent across all environments
- Provides direction to environment artists for aesthetic and technical considerations
- Works with Art Director and Outsourcing partners to identify and schedule assets for external development
- Maintains a clear and consistent schedule in conjunction with the Producers.
- Works closely with the design team to construct level layout roughs
- Participates in the planning for project environments
- Works with other departments to ensure that assets are delivered in a timely manner
- Works with concept team to ensure concepts are at proper production quality
- Supervise bug distribution and verify bug fixes
- Responsible for creating environment art components.
- Collaborate with other team members on enhancing the visual fidelity of the game world to the absolute limits of the game engine, within the relevant memory and performance restrictions
- Work with the Art Director and Art Leads to continually revise game environments and refine visual quality.
- You operate within given constraints.
- You are autonomous and can take responsibility for your own actions and decisions.
- You have at least 5 years of experience as a Level Artist or Environment Artist, followed by experience of at least one successful AAA production as a Manager:
- Your communication in French & English, your artistic judgment, your proactivity and your team spirit are some of your strengths
- Experience with creating game ready assets, taking them through the modeling, baking and texturing pipeline, ready to be rendered in engine.
- Expert knowledge of UE4 production pipeline and constraints.
- Expert knowledge of at least one major modeling package (MAX or equivalent), along with industry standard tools such as Photoshop, Substance Painter/Designer and Zbrush.
- Expert knowledge of PBR systems with the ability to texture using both procedural and hand painted approaches
- Outstanding 3d modeling and texturing skills
- A keen eye for dramatic environments and lighting design
- Deep knowledge and experience with creating and maintaining game levels
- Level design experience considered a plus
- Good organization and time management skills
- A proactive approach to problem solving
- An understanding of and appreciation for milestones, schedules, deadlines and efficient game development processes
- Strong leadership, team and people management skills
- English Skills (Spoken and written)
- Passionate about games
- Be familiar with fantasy / dark fantasy universe would be a plus.
Please send Resume, cover letter, references, portfolio.