We are looking for a System Architect that is ready to lead the challenge of building from the ground up the Backend Platform that will power our newest game: “Century: Age of Ashes” (on PC and consoles).
This will be a state-of-the-art, custom-built, highly distributed, highly scalable, flexible set of services that will provide matchmaking, server management, storage, communication, monetization, liveops, and many other online features to “Century” (and to our next games too).
- Work with key stakeholders to define and design solutions for a game with hundreds of thousands of Daily Active Users that each consumes tens of online services per second.
- Select the right technologies, Architect, and Develop from scratch a robust and coherent Backend Platform with Services such as Matchmaking, Accounts Management, In-App Management, Client Relationship Management, Data Storage, Leaderboards, Telemetry.
- Build your applications to satisfy high objectives of concurrency, scalability, availability, resilience, and security.
- Perform load tests and benchmarks, analyze results and optimize all aspects of the application and infrastructure to achieve the smallest response times or the lowest resources usage possible.
- Continuously support, improve and expand our Backend after its delivery as the needs of the game(s) rapidly evolve and the platform will evolve together with them at a rapid pace.
- Have at heart the Quality of Service for our players.
- Offer technical Leadership to a team of talented software engineers and ensure a consistent architecture throughout the entire platform. Ensure code quality, clarity, and maintenance, following closely the industry standards and keeping in mind scalability and performance.
- 5+ years of experience in server-side application development.
- Demonstrated experience with one or several modern databases (Redis, Memcache, MongoDB, Cassandra, *SQL, etc) and in optimizing their usage for speed and cost-effectiveness.
- Good knowledge of modern “client-service/service-service” communication stacks (HTTP, REST, OAuth, WebSockets, data structures Serialization, RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc).
- Good knowledge of DevOps technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible, etc).
- Demonstrated experience designing distributed applications.
- Agile practitioner (sprints, revision control systems, Jira).
- Experience of working with main cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure).
- Experience with managing security risks, scalability.
- Desire and skills to offer technical stewardship to the team.
- Interest in online gaming.
- Self-managed, driven to reach the team’s goals, assumes ownership of the product.
- Strong organizational and communication skills with good spoken and written English.
- Experience in online video games.
- Experience in crossplay and cross-platform development.
🥼🙌 Massage services;
🚀 Individual development plan;
💵 Payment for external training;
🏄 Compensation for sports activities;
🇺🇸 Free English classes and Speaking club from beginner to advanced lvl;
📆 Paid vacation, sick leave and day-off (40 days per year);
⏰ Free morning schedule;
🏠 Ability to work from home;
📈 Internal education and training;
🏋️ Own small gym;
🎮 Living room with Xbox and TV;
🏢 Modern office in the city center;
🚿Shower room and 🅿️ bicycle parking;
🍪 Fruits, milk, cookies, and sweets throughout the day.