We are looking for a Senior Engineer that is ready to join the challenge of building from the ground up the Backend Platform that will power our newest game: “Century: Age of Ashes” (on PC and consoles).
This will be a state-of-the-art, custom-built, highly distributed, highly scalable, flexible set of services that will provide matchmaking, server management, storage, communication, monetization, liveops, and many other online features to “Century” (and to our next games too).
- Immerse yourself in the needs and challenges posed by a game with hundreds of thousands of Daily Active Users that each consumes tens of online services per second.
- Use your knowledge of design patterns and coding best practices to Design and Develop a robust and coherent Backend Platform with Services such as Matchmaking, Accounts Management, In-App Management, Client Relationship Management, Data Storage, Leaderboards, Telemetry.
- Build your applications to satisfy high objectives of concurrency, scalability, availability, resilience, and security.
- Perform load tests and benchmarks, analyze results and optimize all aspects of the application and infrastructure to achieve the smallest response times or the lowest resources usage possible.
- Continuously support, improve and expand our Backend after its delivery as the needs of the game(s) rapidly evolve and the platform will evolve together with them at a rapid pace.
- Have at heart the Quality of Service for our players.
- Work in an agile fashion with the other Backend programmers, sysadmins, QA engineers and help everyone achieve the common goals.
- Ensure code quality, clarity, and maintenance, following closely the industry standards and keeping in mind scalability and performance.
- 3 — 5 years of experience in server-side application development.
- Good knowledge of one or several modern databases (Redis, Memcache, MongoDB, Cassandra, *SQL, etc) and in optimizing their usage for speed and cost-effectiveness.
- Good knowledge of modern “client-service/service-service” communication stacks (HTTP, REST, OAuth, WebSockets, data structures Serialization, RabbitMQ, Kafka, etc).
- Motivated to put to use and deepen your knowledge about design patterns for server-side enterprise applications (eg: microservices architecture).
- Familiar with working Agile (sprints, revision control systems, Jira).
- Experience of working with main cloud providers (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure) and with their main services.
- Experience with managing security risks, scalability.
- Deep interest in online gaming.
- Good spoken and written English skills.
- Experience in online video games.
- Experience in crossplay and cross-platform development.
- Good knowledge of DevOps-oriented technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Ansible).
- Experience with testing and load-testing frameworks.
- Experience in optimizing online services.
🥼🙌 Massage services;
🚀 Individual development plan;
💵 Payment for external training;
🏄 Compensation for sports activities;
🇺🇸 Free English classes and Speaking club from beginner to advanced lvl;
📆 Paid vacation, sick leave, and day-off (40 days per year);
⏰ Free morning schedule;
🏠 Ability to work from home;
📈 Internal education and training;
🏋️ Own small gym;
🎮 Living room with Xbox and TV;
🏢 Modern office in the city center;
🚿Shower room and 🅿️ bicycle parking;
🍪 Fruits, milk, cookies, and sweets throughout the day.