We are looking for an experienced and talented FX Artist to join our growing studio in Bordeaux.
You will join Century: Age of Ashes team and participate in the launch and live development of the project. Multiplayer and free to play game, Century will be launched cross-platform and will bring players into a world of Dark Fantasy and epic dragon fights: https://www.century-age-of-ashes.com/
You will work closely with other artists, producers, game designers and developers as part of an experienced team, where both your technical skills and creative vision will help to create our new fantastic PC/Console IP.
The FX Artist is responsible for creating high quality and impressive visual effects with minimum supervision in accordance with art direction and production deadlines. You work with the Creative team, Game and Level designers to ensure that all the elements of the game are artistically consistent, work together to ensure gameplay clarity and are not exceeding the current technical restrictions.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
* Create high quality in-game visual effects
* Create and tweak real-time rendered materials
* Work with designers, artists and programmers in order to achieve aesthetic excellence
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Experience with particle systems and geometry based visual effects
* Experience with HOUDINI pipeline
* Experience with Unreal engine 4 constraints and implementation
* Experience with Photoshop
* Experience with 3ds Max or equivalent 3D package
* Self-motivated problem solver
* Ability to manage their own time and work within deadlines
* Good communication skills
* Good level in French and English
NICE TO HAVE
* Previous experience in game development will be much appreciated
* Passionate about games
* Be familiar with fantasy universe / fantastic creatures
Permanent contract (CDI) based in Bordeaux (33)