ECONOMIC GAME DESIGNER
We are looking for an Economic Game Designer to join our production team and work on the economic system of a competitive multiplayer game. This Dark Fantasy title will be released on PC, Consoles -current ones as well as Next Gen.
As Economic game designer, you will be in charge to balance the game mechanisms, content, functionalities and economic systems. Your goal will be to build and manage all the systems that will encourage the player to invest in the game to improve his experience, via retention, engagement, and monetization mechanisms.
Inside the design team, you will work closely with all team members involved in the production of the title -creative director, producer, artists, designers, etc) for the whole live ops period.
Your missions will be to:
- Balance the rhythm of the game, the procession of player, the resources inside the game and its economy, to ensure long term retention and optimize monetization.
- Analyze KPIs to understand users’ experience, and determine areas of improvements.
- Boost the economic systems of the game.
- Recommend rewards and features answering to players’ wishes and needs.
- Maintain the game design documentation.
- Design mock ups to study any new idea.
- In collaboration of artists and developers, create tools to smooth the live ops operations.
- Manage the economy and pricing of in-game items, and balance free content versus paid currencies.
- Benchmark the market to drive new initiatives of monetization and engagement.
- 2 years minimum in video game development, ideally in a F2P experience (mobile or PC / console)
- BS/MS in game design / level design, interactive design, economic design or similar.
- Strong knowledge and interest into multiplayer games -FPS, car racing, or dog fight titles preferably.
- Strong knowledge of game design and level design -gameplay, learning curve, difficulty balance, rewards…)
- Excellent logical skills, analytic profile and aptitude with math.
- Perfect knowledge and interest into Free to play titles and their mechanisms.
- Proven capacity to design F2P monetization loops.
- Capacity to analyze and challenge design mechanisms.
- Communication and organizational skills
- You are autonomous, rigorous and result oriented.
- English and French fluent
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4
- UI / UX sensibility
- Huge gaming culture
|Job Category||Game Design|